Saturday, September 27, 2008

Spain

We have spent a couple days in Barcelona with Lois and that was good fun. We saw a lot of work by the artist Gaudi, and that was some really unique and interesting stuff. We ate a lot of paella (sort of like Spanish jambalaya) and drank some Sangria (cold wine mixed with fruit) which was nice.

We have had a lot of trouble getting food for the most part. Either we have fallen into tourist traps ($17 for two Cokes) or just haven't a clue what to eat. Our Spanish isn't too good, and neither is our Catalan (a Spanish derivative spoken in most of Barcelona).

We have flown to Madrid and are struggling a bit to get motivated. I have come down with a crummy cold and Jen might be heading there. We have two days here and we're going to try to catch a bull fight.

On Monday we head to Lisbon and spend our last two full days abroad there.

I have decided to work on all my pictures when I get back. I want to learn with my new photos how to do a nice professional work-flow and work with these photos in Adobe Lightroom. So look for a mega-picture post around mid October.

No comments: