Monday, June 30, 2008

June 25 – Trains, Planes, and Singapore

The rest of Japan. There's a quite bit more we could say about Japan but there just isn't time for it all. We have a few more pics posted on our galleries. Check out these sections:

Food
Signs
Everything Else


Today was a bit tough. We got up really early to catch a train to Narita to fly to Singapore. We had to travel through Tokyo rush hour on the train. Those people are nuts. I would never commute 1-2 hours on the Tokyo trains every day. I’m pretty sure I would kill myself.

Imagine the DC Metro on its worst day. Now add about 100 people to that train car and you get Tokyo rush hour. I really wanted to see one of those guys that are paid to shoe-horn more people into the train, but I didn’t. Perhaps it was because I was too busy getting crushed.

Anyways we made it to the airport in one piece. We had a very nice flight to Singapore on ANA airlines.

There our friend Borna met us at the Singapore airport. She promptly took us to a mall where we had our first taste of Singapore food. I had Laksa which was quite nice and Jen had chicken rice. More on malls in further posts.

Borna is another one of my friends from Purdue. Her family was quite nice letting us stay at her brand new house. Thanks B!

No comments: